HACK.ASIA WEEK AGENDA
15-20 JANUARY 2022
Saturday, January 15, 2022 | 15:00 to 15:30 GMT +8
All teams participants, All teams participants, judges, and mentors can join the online Hack.Asia Kick-Off during which we will go through the Opening Remark & Overview of Hack.Asia.
- 🎤 Anne O’riordan, Group Director of Digital, Jardine Matheson
- 🎤 Jonathan Lloyd, Group Corporate Secretary, Jardine Matheson
- 🎤 Janice Wong, Senior Innovation Lead, Innovate Jardines
Saturday, January 15, 2022 | 15:30 to 16:00 GMT +8
SUSTAINABILITY x INNOVATION BY GOOGLE CLOUD
Want to get some inspiration around technology x sustainability?
In this session, Google Cloud will share its sustainability story, why sustainability matters, their vision, solutions and case studies.
- 🎤 Nikita Mo, Industry Lead, Retail & Conglomerates at Google Cloud. Nikita is the Industry Lead (Retail & Conglomerates) at Google Cloud. She has over 10 years of experience driving digital transformation across industries.
- 🎤 Thomas Qian, Head of AI and Machine Learning at Google Cloud. Thomas is the Head of AI and Machine Learning at Google Cloud. He is passionate about coding and hacking. Thomas has helped the large organizations to shape their Data and AI journey.
Saturday, January 15, 2022 | 16:00 to 16:30 GMT +8
SUSTAINABILITY x INNOVATION BY MICROSOFT
Want to get some inspiration around technology x sustainability?
In this session, Microsoft will talk about how they could support businesses, communities & individuals to monitor, measure & chart their sustainability initiatives leveraging new technology solutions.
- 🎤 Roseann O’hare, Senior Account Delivery Executive, APAC Sustainability Community co-Lead at Microsoft. Roseann O’Hare is a Senior Account Delivery Executive at Microsoft, as well as Global Lead within Microsoft’s Worldwide Sustainability Community and ANZ & APAC Sustainability Chapter Lead. Based in New Zealand, Roseann delivers large programs for work for strategic customers.
Saturday, January 15, 2022 | 16:30 to 17:00 GMT +8
DESIGN THINKING FOR SHARED VALUE
Join us to learn about social innovation thinking – how to reimagine business models to tackle social and environmental needs. Creating Shared Value is a powerful strategy to align profit and purpose and design sustainable & inclusive products, services and value chain changes for scale. Come hear inspiring stories of CSV examples relevant to Hack.Asia and practical tips to apply human-centered design to your initiatives.
- 🎤 Martina Mok, Shared Value Initiative Hong Kong. Martina is a corporate social innovation partnership designer with experience leading award-winning public engagement and social impact campaigns.
Sunday, January 16, 2022 | 13:00 to 15:00 GMT +8
TECH-ENABLEMENT TRAINING BY MICROSOFT
Learn about the latest developments in cloud technology!
The Microsoft experts will walk you through the latest trends and you will be able to ask questions about everything about Tech-enablement.
- 🎤 Mary Cheng, Technology Specialist at Microsoft. Mary Cheng is the Technology Specialist at Microsoft. She has wide range of information technology experience in application/software development.
- 🎤 Frankie Lai, Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft. Frankie Lai is the Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft. He has expertise in new technology adoption, cloud-based solutions and database design.
Sunday, January 16, 2022 | 15:00 to 17:00 GMT +8
TECH-ENABLEMENT TRAINING BY GOOGLE CLOUD
Innovation x Fun.
Want to learn the latest Google Cloud tools and tips from Google Cloud's Specialists on building your sustainability solutions for Jardines’ businesses? Do join us in this session.
- 🎤 Roy Cheung, Lead Engineer, Retail & Conglomerates at Google Cloud. Roy is the Lead Engineer for Jardine from Google Cloud. He has over 10 years of experience in the technology industry helping to design, architect and build industry solutions.
- 🎤 Thomas Qian, Head of AI and Machine Learning at Google Cloud. Thomas is the Head of AI and Machine Learning at Google Cloud. He is passionate about coding and hacking. Thomas has helped the largest organizations such as HSBC to shape their Data and AI journey.
- 🎤 William Tsoi, Head of Data Analytics at Google Cloud. William Tsoi's passion lies in empowering people and teams through their use of technology. This passion has taken William on a career trajectory from Web Developer, Project Manager, Agile Coach, DevOps Consultant and Cloud Architect, and now helping organizations to help their data analytics strategy.
- 🎤 Tommy Tse, Head of Applications Modernization at Google Cloud. Tommy has held various technical roles in solution architecture and software engineering within large enterprises and boutique solution partners over the past 15 years. He has helped clients in designing scalable digital solutions and enabling their teams to adopt cloud native, modern API and microservice architectures, so as to become more agile in delivering transformational business results.
Monday, January 17, 2022 | 16:00 to 17:00 GMT +8
JOURNEY OF YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS: PANEL DISCUSSION
Discover the stories of the young and seasoned entrepreneurs!
Join us for an in-depth panel discussion and hear from young entrepreneurs on how they started their businesses, the challenges they have faced, how they have overcome them, the support available for young people, how they define success, and much more!
- 🎤 Alvin Cheung, Co-founder of Zunosaki (HandyRehab). Alvin Cheung is the co-founder of Zunosaki (HandyRehab), a healthcare start up that designs and develops affordable robotic products for physical rehabilitation. Alvin is recognized as Forbes 30 under Forbes Asia in 2021.
- 🎤 Natalie Chung, Sustainability Associate at DFI and Co-Founder of V’air. Natalie is an associate at the DFI Retail Group Sustainability Team. Inspired by a polar explorer since young, Natalie also co-founded V’air as an environmental social enterprise to promote sustainable local tourism and climate education. Natalie is recognized as a Generation T awardees.
Moderated by Janice Wong, Senior Innovation Lead at Innovate JardinesWATCH THE REPLAY
Monday, January 17, 2022 | 17:00 to 18:00 GMT +8
ON THE ROAD TO CORPORATE-STARTUP COLLABORATION: PANEL DISCUSSION
Join us to dispel some myths about the rise of corporate-start-up collaboration!
In this session, we will discuss about the corporate-startup collaboration from a start-up perspective. Learn from our start-up community as they share insights about what corporations and start-ups should expect from their partnerships on innovation projects, and how we can raise the odds of lasting mutual benefits when large and small companies team up!
- 🎤 Brandon Ng, Co-founder & CEO of Ampd Energy. Brandon Ng is the co-founder and CEO of Ampd Energy, a company driven by its vision of creating an emission free future for construction. Ampd Energy pioneered the use of energy storage systems in urban construction with its core product, the Enertainer.
- 🎤 Crystal Pang, Co-founder & CEO of Pickupp. Crystal is the co-founder and CEO of Pickupp, a logistic start up aiming to redefine logistics and empower businesses to scale with transparent customer-centric service and technology.
- 🎤 Peter Chan, Head of Growth at Rare Elements. Peter is the Head of Growth at Rare Elements, an alternative data financial intelligence solution with core technology in multi-language native natural language processing and machine learning. Rare Elements is a winner of Hack.Asia 2020.
Moderated by Anne O’Riordan, Group Director of Digital at Jardine MathesonWATCH THE REPLAY
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 | 17:00 to 18:00 GMT +8
PITCH TO WIN: PITCHING WORKSHOP BY WHUB
This interactive workshop will offer you simple but effective techniques for translating your ideas into a compelling, authentic pitch to win over any audience.
Come join us to learn about how you can build a compelling pitch!
- 🎤 Karena Belin, Co-founder and CEO of WHub. Karena Belin is the Founder and CEO of WHub, a leading startup platform and community builder and the Founder and COO/CFO of AngelHub, Hong Kong’s first HK's fist SFC licensed startup investment platform for professional investors and global startups raising growth capital.
Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 16:00 to 19:00 GMT +8
HACK.ASIA GRAND FINAL
All finalist teams participants, judges, and mentors to join the Final Pitching Day.
Watch all finalists pitch their solutions in the Grand Final Competition!
- Hack.Asia Grand Final Opening & Result Announcement [16:00 - 16:30]
- Hack.Asia Grand Final Competition [16:30 - 18:00]
- Break [18:00 - 18:30]
- Hack.Asia Prize Presentation [18:30 - 19:00]